Practicing rest can be hard!
Are you struggling to find time to relax and rest? It seems there is never a dull moment in our country right now. We are going into week 5 of the COVID-19 shutdown. We have good days and bad days in our home. I certainly miss having downtime!
My topic for this week’s Chaos Buster 3-2-1 Action is REST! Like many people I know, I find myself struggling with sleep and keeping my energy up. There are so many things vying for my attention and I can’t go to the chiropractor so my pain level is higher.
How do we manage to rest in a time of crisis?
Michael Hyatt says,
“The secret to becoming more productive is not managing your time but your energy.”
My Three Chaos Buster Thoughts
- Schedule your time. As a business owner, it is easy to be working 24/7. DON’T. Turn off the computer and the emails at a set time. Transition to another room, if possible, and focus on a good book, family time, or watch something relaxing.
- Say “YES” to exercise. If you are working from home, plan to get up from your desk every 60 minutes. Walk to another room. Take the dog outside (I have two dogs so that takes up my movement goals.) Going outside will also help you get a little bit of sunshine which helps in producing natural melatonin.
- Enable “Do Not Disturb”. Most of our tablets and phones have the capability of turning off notifications after a certain time. If you want to go to bed by 10 p.m., turn off your notifications by 8 p.m. Don’t go in and peek either.
My Two Chaos Buster Inspirations
- Last year I read the book Sleep Smarter* by Shawn Stevenson. Jonathan Bailor, New York Times Bestselling author says “In Sleep Smarter, you’ll learn how sleep impacts your mind, body, and performance, plus practical solutions to help you get the best sleep ever.”
- A short nap is usually recommended (20-30 minutes) for short-term alertness. This type of nap provides significant benefits for improved alertness and performance without leaving you feeling groggy or interfering with nighttime sleep. – sleepfoundation.org
One Action Item
Channel your inner child. If you are tired, plan a nap! You are not lazy. We are under a lot of stress right now. Our bodies need downtime and if you nap smart, you will get up refreshed and ready to go.
In total transparency, I took a 15-minute nap before creating this content. I was sluggish and just not feeling it. Try it, you might like it!
Do you prefer to watch the video?
Please feel free to leave comments and ask questions. Always happy to connect! My goal is to keep you on the path to success.
Read more about my Gorgeous Chaos here…
The Amazon link on this website is an affiliate link of which Olinda Services receives a small commission from sales of certain items, but the price is the same for you. Lisa Olinda/Olinda Services is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.