Do You Have Social Media Goals?
When I consult with clients the conversation turns to social media around 98% of the time. They always have questions:
- How do I get started?
- Which social media platform is right for my business?
- Do I need to do everything all at once?
I recommend to my clients that they start one platform at a time. Get that platform under their belt, see what strategies are giving a return on their investment and then add another platform. My favorite saying is …
Every platform you add to your social media stool just makes your web presence more secure.
Before you start down the social media highway you need to find your target audience (tribe) and understand how you can lead them.
Josh Bernoff developed a POST Method back in 2007 which has become the backbone for many developing their social media goals.
P is People. Assess your customers’ social activities.
O is objectives. Decide what you want to accomplish.
S is Strategy. Plan for how relationship with customers will change.
T is Technology. Decide which social technologies to use.
What are your social media goals?
What do you want as a result of your social media conversation? My recommendations would be:
- Let the target audience drive the conversation in what you say and how you say it.
- Deepen social media relationship, create value.
- Be different from the competition.
Rather than reinventing the wheel, here are links to posts that will give you tips and tactics to make your social media thrive.
- 6 Instagram Photo Tips
- Creatively Use Pinterest for Business
- 3 Must Know Secrets for Getting More from Social Media
Are you looking for personalized support? Are you ready to take your business from ordinary to extraordinary? Contact me to today for a consultation.