Are you suffering from the Should’ve Hired a VA Syndrome?
In 1933 W.G. Peacock starting selling a vegetable drink with limited success. He then change the name to V-8. In 1948 Campbell Soup Company acquired the brand and has been marketing it ever since. They have had a string of commercials over the years with a head bop and slogan “Should’ve Had a V8”.
You can watch one of their commercial below that will put the rest of the post into context.
What does V8 juice have to do with you as an entrepreneur?
I am SO glad you asked!
For the past several weeks I have overheard my husband speaking with a man who runs a small business. The man is frustrated and often comments on the frequent breakdowns in his office. Documentation can’t be found, paperwork being turned in late or not correct. Long hours worked trying to correct the breakdowns. Instead the breakdowns continue to mount and I can hear the overwhelm in his voice. As I listened to this small business owner unwind and vent to my husband I thought “WOW! He should’ve hired a VA”.
In the commercial above the man is doing everything right. He is running his business, juggling many demands and his redeeming grace is he is running on all 8 cylinders by drinking his V8.
Are you doing all the right things but not getting ahead?
So often as entrepreneurs we are doing all the right things. We are working 24/7, we have hired a coach but we are missing one key component; help. We cannot do it all.
Do you have the classic symptoms of the Should’ve Hired a VA Syndrome?
Should’ve Hired a VA Syndrome
- Working long hours but you don’t feel like you are getting ahead.
- You are missing appointments and/or calls; they just disappeared from your calendar.
- You have paperwork piling up waiting to be taken care of; now where did I put it?
- Your bookkeeping causes you to shudder. You wake up at 3 a.m. with panic over whether XYZ Company was paid on time.
- You know you need to write that blog post but you are just overwhelmed by the thought and of course you can’t remember the login information. Argh!
- You don’t have enough hours in the day to touch base with all of your clients. Emails from them are getting lost and they are getting frustrated with you.
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms and you are more than ready to hire a VA. You will only take your business to the next level with the help of someone organized, efficient and knowing what you need.
What is a VA? A VA is a virtual assistant; someone who assists you virtually. They have their own office, their own software and their own business. They may be a generalist or they might meet a specific need. One VA may do newsletters, website maintenance or copy-writing. Another VA does bookkeeping and yet another may do calendar management. Executive Assistance is my specialty. Within my EA scope of duties, I provide clients with calendar, travel, email, social media, marketing and document management.
I help my clients overcome the Should’ve Hired a VA Syndrome and regain control of their lives and their business.
If you need help, please reach out today. I am here to help even if it is just spending an afternoon with you masterminding upcoming events and what you need to make that happen. Contact me today!